sunnuntai 5. marraskuuta 2017

Monkeys in Mijas vol 2 - the final day

On the second night in Spain I got a decent amount of sleep and it was way more easy to start the day. The holes of the course were a bit more familiar and my playbook was open only for the trickiest ones. Oh, I wish I could have got time to play them before the tournament! Especially all the slopes descending on the left made me feel unfomfortable because my forehand was not working at all. And that uncertainty reflects directly in everything I do, which is obvious.

We drove the easiest and straightest route to DGP Mijas, and soon we met all those happy faces and lovely sunshine with quite a wind. The round was played by classes so I got to play with my FA2 group Mila and Terhi. It was a bit like starting to play with friends and not competing at all. Maybe a little bad thing to me as I was too relaxed. I got par in hole #1 but on hole #2, after a good drive, I did not succeed with my annie and struggled a double bogey. Hole #3 gave me a par with safe play and on a very windy hole #4 I did play too safe and shy and got a bogey.

Wind affected my play way too much as I was too nervous on the teepad with my lightweight discs even when it was tailwind. I could not take advance of the wind but to lose strokes and my putting was off. On every hole I had to get within 4 meters from the basket to be able to get my disc in so there were not so many pars in the front nine. Even the first holes of the back nine gave me only bogeys so at the latest then I knew I could not compete for the win today. Mila played solid game taking pars and getting putts in. She really deserved the win. Both girls were awesome company and I enjoyed the round even though my game was not satisfying.

After game I spent time in Cafe ProShop waiting for the lead group to finish their round. Warm toast and soft drinks helped me so that there was no need to go to the beach shopping or having lunch. It was so much fun enjoying the sunshine as the whole summer in Finland was quite poor and rainy. Finally everyone had played and we gathered to take a picture of all players in the tournament. What a great event! I got a beautiful trophy and even a Tyyni 2018 fundraiser disc as a lottery prize! Awesome!

What a great way to spend holiday in November! I am so happy I participated in this tournament and that Juha and Terhi Kytö offered this to us. I also thank Ville Kostin for everything he has done to make our stay here easier and that we feel so warmly welcomed. Have to say I am already planning my next visit here in DGP Mijas and Andalucia...

Game info and results in PDGA
DiscGolfParkMijas in Facebook

My hole-to-hole results in DiscGolfMetrix
 
Mila putting hole #6

Panorama picture above hole #6 and near teepad of hole #16
 
 
Panorama picture from hole #16

It is always warm enough to wear shorts!

The last hole and Mila shooting her second shot

Our trophies and a photobomber :D What a great team we had living in the same villa!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti