perjantai 24. marraskuuta 2017

Season 2017 closing

Q: How do you know that a discgolfer is having off-season?
A: I don't know. I have been a discgolfer only 28 months.


Sometimes I am astonished by the fact how short time it has been since I first took a disc golf disc in my hand and started playing. So much has happened during these 28 months! Nowadays I spend almost all my leisure time playing or practising or watching disc golf and all the friends I meet are disc golf players. It is not a hobby but certainly a way of life.

Our club, Disc Golf Vikings, had the season closing ceremony past Friday which we had a chance to participate in. It was so nice to see so many fellow disc golfers that we see too rarely as we don't live that near Kivikko, the home course of Disc Golf Vikings. Everyone were in a good mood and at first there was a cake service as players in our club had succeeded in Finnish Masters Mixed Doubles and Amateur Finnish Masters. Great success for us! How great players we have!

There was award ceremony for players and club members after the official part of the evening. All members had a chance to suggest award-winners beforehand and the board then made the final decisions. The Player of the year... the Developer of the year... the Entertainer of the year... the TD of the year... and then something really big: the Viking of the year. Someone who had showed so much passion to this sports and brought our club forth both in social media and in real life. What an honor! Then they told that this year the award-winner is a woman who has taken part in Disc Golf Instructor training course. What! It was me! I could not believe what I just heard! I had had no idea! Wow, what an honor! Thanks to everyone!

Now I am so delighted and flattered. It is so much easier to be proud of what I do and how my game has developed and everything as so many people told it to me that evening. Sometimes I think about my writings and I am not sure if they give anything to anyone. I don't even have time to read them myself after I have published them. Too often I feel that I don't take enough time for training my drives, approaches and putts but only play different courses and enjoy it. But then again - every time I play and throw discs, I learn something new. I might forget what I learned and then after a while learn that again and only after that remember to take advance of what I have learned. This year has been amazing and I am really surprized of what has happened to my game! But the most important thing is that the better I play, the more I enjoy the game itself. I love it!
 
Thank you for the great honor! Viking of the Year 2017

What a season this has been to me! I started having a rating of 699 as my goal for year 2016 was 700 or more. PDGA humour. Now I'm having 771 and if I have calculated right, my next rating takes me to FA2 class as it will be more that 775. It is quite rare though that I play in FA1 or FA2 classes as I find myself rather in FM1 and after a few years in FG1 or FP50. Of course I have plans and goals for the future and I want to see how long is it possible to get better as a player. And how long will I get to enjoy this more and more. Only time will tell...

My player ratings from the very first one in April 2016 until November 2017

PDGA Divisions 

My average score for the last 25% of my rounds is now 72 which actually puts me in Intermediate Women (FA2)

Master Women class is so far from my reach but I might be playing in Grandmaster Women in 2019 and hopefully have rating over 800

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti