lauantai 4. marraskuuta 2017

Monkeys in Mijas vol 2 - the first day

Finally, there we were! Disc Golf Park Mijas had become so familiar to me and Holle as we had watched the course introduction video so many times during those past weeks. We had been so eager to get to see the course in the flesh and there it was in front of our eyes, we were there and the sun was shining. What could possibly be sweeter than that? Ok - to be honest - it was thundering in the night and still raining in the morning... also my navigator chose so exciting route to DiscGolfPark Mijas that it was more than once I wondered if we are ever going to find our way there :)

My first round started 11:30am and that gave me almost 6 hours of sleep the former night as we arrived Spain only after 1am. All clothes and discs etc for the tournament I had already packed at home in my Halti BackPack so it was really easy to get ready for the day. Ville Kostin had brought a car in front of our apartment as we had planned so everything was as it should. Of course I was a bit more nervous than usually when going to a disc golf event but in a good way. This was going to be my very first round abroad.

I had so great and joyful group - three finnish guys and Henning from Germany. Almost all holes seemed a bit shorter than in the video coverage when looking from the teepad, but some of them were trickier than I thought. I played by my playbook and enjoyed the round and the company. The rain stopped when we were playing first holes and from that very moment the sun shined so warmly! And it shined all day long!

DiscGolfPark Mijas is wonderful place! Beautiful landscape everywhere and many teeing places were high up on a hill so I had to take my camera every once in a while and try to capture it. Hole #2 gave me an outside circle putt and a par so my round started quite nicely even though I took a double bogey on hole #3. A few pars more and then I sat in a bogey train from holes #5 to #9! I was not happy at all with my game as I noticed that I had gathered +7 in front nine only and I had 9 more holes to play. My putting game was off after that great long putt in hole #2.

Back nine started with a bogey as hole #10 is kind of a short but tricky par4 if you are RHBH player. Luckily I had a great drive in hole #11 and got a birdie! That really made my day and gave me more confidence and trust in my own game. I got pars after pars and only one bogey more so my round score was altogether +8 (69) and it gave me first place in my class and unofficial rating as high as 808! What a wonderful start for the tournament!

After my round I had time to chat with so many familiar faces and there was so warm and lovely atmosphere. It was lovely to meet Florence from France again as we played together in Westside Discs Tyyni 2017! DiscGolfPark Mijas Cafe offered us soft drinks and warm toast as we players enjoyed the afterplay and sunshine. There was no hurry as I waited for Holle and all others relaxing and sunbathing.

After all had finished their rounds we went to Sami's Beach Bar to have tasty burgers and fries. Delicious! What an awesome day, what an awesome place to spend a whole week!

Monkeys in Mijas vol 2 - the final day

Some shadow in hole #2 as my disc landed under the trees

Lovely scenery!

Hole #8 was one of the hardest for me as my forehand was too shaking this time
 
My scorecard - with better putting it could have been a great round

My super group :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti